Speaking of sports, the pain and inflammation related to muscle recovery have been plagued by athletes, ordinary sports enthusiasts and even normal people. Sports and fitness injuries are inevitable, especially for some high-intensity exercises, such as weightlifting and ironing exercises.
Sprains and bruises may be unavoidable. When the muscles are pushed to the limit during exercise, there will be a lot of tension around the compressed area, which leads to inflammation, which causes soreness and even pain. Inflammation and soreness are the mechanisms by which the body starts around the affected area and promotes healing.
In order to avoid muscle damage, reduce pain and control excessive inflammation, people have tried many methods, from ice baths to the use of painkillers (such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and opioids). But in fact, CBD can also be used to achieve these goals more precisely.
CBD relieves muscle tension
Chief Medical Officer Joseph Rosado, MD (MD.MBA) updated an article on August 26, 2020. The article pointed out that many conditions may cause muscle soreness or stiffness. When this happens, using cannabidiol (CBD) to relieve tension is one of the effective ways. Regardless of the source of muscle tension, CBD can help us reduce tension.
Sources of muscle tension
- Stress: Stress can easily cause muscle tension. Tension caused by stress often occurs in the neck and back muscles.
- Exercise/Excessive exercise: Physical exercise can keep our body healthy, but at the same time, excessive exercise can also cause muscle tension.
- Injury: The injured muscle will also feel sore and tense during the recovery process. It is a response to pain and inflammation. After most of the pain disappears, our muscles will feel tense.
- Spasms: Spasms cause muscles to contract, causing pain and stiffness.
The neurological diseases that affect the spinal cord caused by multiple sclerosis can also be manifested as spasticity.
When it comes to excessive exercise and sports injuries, how does CBD promote recovery?
First of all, the old saying is that CBD is very effective for inflammation, and it is very effective for relieving muscle soreness. On the other hand, studies have shown that CBD reduces muscle recovery time and promotes the healing process of the body by activating cannabinoid receptors, affecting vanilloid receptors and increasing the level of endorphins in the body system. This compound effect explains its mediation. The ability to guide pain and relieve pain.
A research team from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor investigated 73 patients. Two-thirds of the patients indicated that CBD can relieve muscle tension and help relieve pain. During the fitness process, CBD oil can be applied to the painful area to relieve pain.
CBD helps build muscle
Fitness people must have heard of cortisol. Cortisol is a common catabolic hormone in the human body, which regulates the ratio of protein and glycogen and has a decisive effect on our muscle gain and fat loss.
Overtraining may lead to elevated cortisol levels. Cortisol is a metabolic hormone. When it rises, not only fat and glycogen will accelerate the decomposition, but muscle loss will also be accelerated, and the effect on muscle decomposition is very obvious! High levels of cortisol can also cause problems such as high blood pressure and deterioration of muscle tissue.
Of course, cortisol is not without benefits, it is useful when it exists. It can help the liver remove toxins from the body. Cortisol plays an important role in maintaining the immune system, regulating blood sugar levels, and enhancing short-term memory. Therefore, when cortisol is at a normal level, it is quite beneficial to the body. Too much cortisol will produce negative effects.
As early as 1993, Brazilian researchers discovered that CBD can regulate cortisol levels in the human body. Using CBD oil as a supplement before and after exercise can help control cortisol levels, which is beneficial for muscle growth.
CBD is good for weight loss and shaping
There are CB1 receptors in fat cells, which are directly involved in the endocannabinoid system. Many studies have proved that there are functional endocannabinoids in the physiological mechanism of fat cells. And fat cells are also involved in the entire biochemical pathway of endocannabinoid synthesis and degradation.
The endocannabinoid system affects the synthesis and release of adipokines. These adipokines are produced by fat cells and affect energy balance and metabolism.
Cannabinoid CBD works in conjunction with the endocannabinoid system. It can target the CB1 receptor of fat cells and help regulate the production of leptin and adiponectin. The production of leptin and adiponectin is essential for fat loss, and it can also improve lipid and glucose metabolism. The CB1 receptor of fat cells may also be a very valuable research area for fat browning treatment (fat burning/calorie burning).
Having said so much, how to use CBD into daily exercise?
In fact, there are various CBD products on the market that can help us discomfort after exercise. such as:
- CBD ointment: Balsam and ointment can be absorbed into the muscles, so it can be used in areas of muscle tension. Topical application can make the full dose of CBD reach tense muscles. Other methods have to pass through the blood before reaching the muscles, so when we just want to relieve muscle tension and not alleviate multiple symptoms, topical application of CBD ointment and appropriate massage will help.
- CBD atomized oil: Use CBD atomized oil to relieve symptoms quickly. Atomized CBD can make it enter the blood directly without passing through the digestive system first. In this way, the relief effect can be felt quickly.
- CBD oil: There are three ways to use CBD oil. Firstly, it can be directly applied to the area to be relieved like CBD ointment, or placed under the tongue for oral absorption, or it can be added to food, before and after exercise edible.
In fact, does this seem to be more convenient for CBD oil? It can be applied, taken or added to food. One bottle is multi-purpose, why not do it?
In fact, there are countless celebrities using CBD in sports. Such as boxing champion Tyson, NBA star Paul Pierce, famous American rugby player Rob Gronkowski, etc…
Due to its broad prospects and utility, it is no secret that CBD has swept the world!